Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Sweet Grandpa!

On June 15th my sweet grandpa passed away. I am so grateful for who he was, the example he set, and all he did for our family. I have an amazing family...and with grandpa's passing, we were able to mourn and be sad, yet also rejoice and celebrate his life, and the wonderful family we all belong to. And...I get to be with them forever!

 Christmas 2010

Grandpa was able to be at home with loved ones before he passed, what a wonderful opportunity to visit, tell him we loved him, and sit in his home...filled with love.


And oh how I love this grandma of mine!! She is the best, she is amazing, and she is so strong! I know the past few weeks have been hard on her, but she never let that show, she was always so happy and positive...and she was constantly telling us how lucky we are to be a family! I am so lucky she is mine!

2 comments:

Richelle said...

What a nice post! I'm so sorry for your loss, but it's such a blessing to have such a wonderful family to lean on! I can tell that your grandpa was a great man :)

wendy said...

I remember seeing photos of your grandpa on Becky's facebook. I am SO HAPPY he was able to be at home, surrounded by those who love him so much. What a Joy that would be.
I am sure you have many many wonderful memories of him, so think of them often.
Grandparents are just AWESOME.